UPS COVID-19 Dashboard
Positive Case Procedures
Positive Case Procedure
Notify Uxbridge Board of Health
Connect with the individual /family - provide education and support
- UPS supports Uxbridge BOH with contact tracing both inside and outside of the school
Identification and notification of any close contacts
- Within 6 feet for a cumulative time of more than 15 minutes druing a 24 hour exposure
- Use MDPH and DESE Guidelines
Protect the privacy of everyone involved
UPS Selected for First Phase of Abbott BinaxNOw Tests
UPS was selected as one of 134 Massachusetts school districts to receive rapid antigen COVID tests and training in the first phase of implementation across the state. Phase 1 is intended for schools that have returned to any kind of in-person teaching, whether in full or with a hybrid model and adds another tool that our school nurses have at their disposal in their efforts to keep our students and staff safe during the pandemic. The tests are now in the district and our nurses have been trained to administer them. Please click here for more information about this Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and Department of Public Health (DPH) collaboration.
A close contact is defined as only those who have been within 6 feet of distance of the individual for at least 15 minutes while the person was infectious.
You will be notified by the Uxbridge Board of Health if your children are considered close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Close contacts will NOT be able to return to school until they have:
- self-quarantined for at least 14 days from the date of last exposure; or
- At least 10 days, provided all of the following are satisfied:
- They have not had, and do not have, any symptoms;
- They are tested on day 8 of your quarantine period or later using a molecular diagnostic test (e.g., polymerase chain reaction (PCR)) to detect the presence of the virus;
- They receive a negative test result; and
- You monitor them for symptoms for the full 14 days. If they develop symptoms, you should contact theirhealth care provider and be re-tested.
Please remember that if a student or staff member tests positive, only BOH identified close contacts should quarantine. Other students and educators in the classroom should not be instructed to quarantine unless they are confirmed close contacts.