Whitin Weekly October 12th
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of October 12th
A reminder that homeroom begins at 7:40 each morning for both in-person and remote students. All students should be either in their homeroom classroom by 7:40 or in their homeroom Zoom by 7:40 each morning. Attendance will be taken during homeroom. If a student is not in homeroom by the time the teacher submits attendance they will be marked absent. Calls are being made home to parents of any student who is marked absent. If a child was marked absent but was having difficulty logging in or was late in logging in, please call the Whitin main office and the absence will be corrected.
Whitin School Council
Whitin School Council is seeking new members. We will be holding monthly meetings virtually this year. The School Council serves as an advisor to the principal on school improvement plans and budget requests.
If you are interested in serving on the council please email me. email@example.com
The school spirit wear store is now open! We have made this a fundraiser this year unlike years past. These items would be great gifts for your students. Please click on the link to start shopping.
https://think-local-printing-221de8.printavo.com/merch/whitingear2020/ . If you have any questions please email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting the WIS PTO & Whitin Intermediate School
Whitin Intermediate School Student Norms for Virtual Learning Sessions
Now that we have had a chance to welcome back all of our students, we wanted to reach out to share with everyone what the on-line learning expectations are for our students:
- Set up your learning space in a distraction free location.
- You should only be using your school issued computer while doing your school work.
- Put your school issued computer in one location. Do not move it during the online session.
- Stay seated during the session, unless an emergency occurs.
- Turn your microphone on and off as instructed by the teacher. Start all classes with your microphone
off until the teacher tells you elsewise.
- Don’t try to do other things while on line, stay focused on the work being presented.
- Address the teacher and other virtual school students in a respectful manner, even when disagreeing
with what is being said.
- Mute the microphone while you are not speaking.
- Use the chat feature to only talk about the topic being covered.
- Try not to speak over one another; use the “raise your hand function” to get the teachers attention.
- Please try to have your video on whenever possible in each on-line lesson.
- Remember that all Whitin school rules are in effect, even if you are learning from home.
- Please dress for your on-line learning classes just like you would if you were going to be in your classroom
Please click here to complete the Whitin Student Medical Information Form electronically. This form will need to be completed as soon as possible for every student enrolled at Whitin whether they are remote, hybrid or full week.
Students, with the assistance of families, must be monitored daily for COVID symptoms. Students must stay home if they are not feeling well. Families should stay in contact with the school nurse, Ms. Kristin Gauthier if their child is feeling sick or showing any COVID like symptoms.
In Person: Monday/Tuesday
(Wednesday half day in-person)
Cohort A, B, D: remote (synchronous and asynchronous classes)
Drop-Off and Pick Ups:
Starting this school year, we will be having the students going directly to their homeroom each morning, rather than to the cafe or gym, like in the past..
Students are being asked to enter and exit the school using the following doors:
Grade 4 will enter through Door #3 which is near the end of the building and go up the
Grade 5 will enter through Door #4 which is the entrance near the map
Grade 6 will enter through Door #2 or the main entrance
Grade 7 will enter through Door #12 which is off of the back parking lot.
For the safety of all:
-please try to drop your children off on the school-side of Granite Street.
-all students should get out of the cars on the sidewalk side only at all times
Main Office Assistance:
A sliding window has been installed directly to the right of the front door which will allow for you to speak to the staff in the main office without coming into the building. All transactions will be done through the window. Please do not ring the bell in the front foyer.
A reminder that Whitin Intermediate School is completely nut free.
Parents for a Safe Graduation (PSG)
A few reminders:
Students should be checking their Google Classroom as well as their school email frequently. In addition, students should be charging their Chromebooks each night.
Leanne DeMarco, Principal
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: